As most of you already know, we have located a new space to call our own that suits our needs for additional space, services, and growth plans…
20,000 square feet worth!
We will now have some great new spaces to use with additional services to follow:
- Air conditioning everywhere!!! (and obviously heat) throughout the entire building!
- Designated space for rescued Belly Up For Adoptions canines with its own entrance/exit! This will really help us to be able to focus on providing the necessary care, training, and attention to our Rescues! Much easier for volunteers to stop in to work with the canines as well.
- Permanently set up Agility Training Room to be used for group classes, private lessons, or for BUFA canines to just have some fun!
- Designated training areas for classes – we can hold group or private lessons, day or night without any interruption to the Play Groups, Overnight guests, or Foster dogs!!
A Doggy Day School/Training Academy
is forthcoming as an alternative to just Day Care!
Drop them off for school each day
OR just to play, OR both!
Larger Overnight Care space – still filled with Klub Houses, windows, fresh air, and lots of space.
- Private suites for single or multi-dog families to reserve for Overnight stays – each with its own theme, lots of color, well decorated and very much like a home setting!!
- More play space for all dogs to enjoy – small dogs, older dogs, puppies, teenagers, etc will be able to spread out and enjoy more places to romp and hang with their BFFs
- Additional outdoor play areas – we have multiple areas for outdoor play time! Lots of room for play equipment, pools, shaded areas, and fun in the sun (or snow)!
- Designated Meet & Greet space for families wanting to participate in Daycare/Overnight Care at the Klub, or meet BUFA dogs for adoption. It will be great to have the space to really get to know the dogs and families without disturbing the canines playing in their Play Groups
- Office space for meetings
- New & improved retail space
- New sprinkler system throughout the whole building
- Tons of windows, doors, and fresh air throughout the building
- Larger break room/kitchen for staff members to use
- Conference room for presentations/classes, and more!
We are doing a complete build out of the space so it will be brand spankin’ new!!
The construction has begun!! Painting, sprinkler system installations, flooring, etc.
As we get further along in the construction process, we will have a firm move date but it will be this summer! In the meantime, your canines will be cared for, as always, by our great staff, made up of many Certified Trainers, at our current location. I will keep you all updated about the move date as I am able to firm it up!! It will be worth the wait!!
Our new home is only 1.7 miles north of where we are currently located. We will be just north of North Ave., and a few blocks east of Grace. It’s technically Addison but very close to the north end of Lombard.
Summer schedule announced!
Please see our calendar for summer activities in and around the Bellyrub Klub! We have a range of new mini classes this year, which will give you and your canine great experience in snack sized portions! Also, the summer pack walks are back! The first is at 7pm on June 10th, starting at the Bellyrub Klub in Lombard.
Calling all dirty dogs!
Clean up your favorite dirty dog with a bath, let us work the suds or you can! The Bellyrub Tub is now open!
Staying with us overnight means that your dog will play in the Daycare during the day and rest comfortably in their own Klub House at night – no cages. Learn more about giving your favorite canine a fantastic slumber party!
Our own canine rescue!
Yes, the Bellyrub Klub now houses a variety of canines, on site, looking for their forever home. While they stay with us, we provide lots of training, exercise and TLC. Each dog spends time playing, learning and preparing to be the best they can be. We are always looking for volunteers to help out. See our website at www.bellyupforadoptions.com for more information and to meet the canines we are caring for.